Thursday, May 04, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 21

Post 21 from Now Hiring?

How I'm Feeling: On a sugar high, thanks to Snickers
What I'm Listening To: Brian McKnight "Find Myself In You" (from the "Madea's Family Reunion soundtrack...make sure to cop that)

I'll have to make this short, since I'm at "work"...here are three developments

1. Since I've been pretty busy this week, I almost forgot that I graduate tomorrow. To tell you the truth, I haven't thought about the fact that I will be getting my Master's degree and I'll be done with school (for the time being). I think it will hit me tomorrow, when I'll say "Oh snap...I gotta grow up!"

2. I got my plane ticket to visit my family the other day, which means that I'll get to see my new nephew. I'm excited to see "the little turd" and get to hold him and give him all my wisdom and advice...while he tries to hold his head up and distributes his lunch all over my shirt.

(Sidebar: in my family, we all have weird nicknames. I call my brother "the turd", just because it's brotherly ribbing. My dad calls me "gatorhead", and my granny calls my cousins "peanut" and "fatman", despite the fact that both don't resemble a food or have significant weight problems. It's a family thing, and it's done in love).

3. The other day I get a call from a school, and they wanted to get my permission to check my references. I thought it was really weird, but since everyhthing was in order, I said "sure, why not?". I didn't think anything about it and went about my day. Later that day, I get a call from the same school...

They offered me a job.

I was pretty speechless, so I tried to compose myself and asked for a couple of days to think it through. After I got the call, I burned up my cell and talked to my girlfriend, parents, her parents, her brother, and the local crazy guy walking down the street. I went home and started praying. It was the ideal job...it had everything I wanted (minus the Dunkin' Donuts, but it has White Castle next to it, so it's a good substitute), and they were really interested in me. So I decided to take the offer. But, later that night, it finally hit me...

I have a job.

To tell you the truth, I'm still in a state of shock. I'm in awe that I actually lived through the entire process, and it came out successfully. I don't know what to think...I guess I'll have to sleep on it and tell ya'll.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot darn! Congrats!!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home