Monday, April 24, 2006

Candidate #0000 - Post 23

12 days until graduation.

Quote of the Day: “Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.” – Flavia Weedn

Song of the Day: still…“Bad Day” – Daniel Powter (I just LOVE this song!)


This weekend has been extremely busy. If I wasn’t sleeping, I worked. And there really wasn’t much time to sleep, which is why I’m absolutely exhausted now. But hey, I’m a workaholic, so I actually had a pretty good weekend. I got to hang out with some of my favorite staff members (you know who you are...THANKS for making me smile!); and I felt like I was working in ResLife again and not being a glorified landlord. And hey, I was so busy, I didn’t have time to worry about the job search. Yes, I definitely had a really good weekend!

Now the week is starting though and I have two papers to write by Thursday, lots of work to do and then an on-campus interview on Friday and one on Monday. My parents are coming on Saturday (yes, they’re coming for graduation), so I’ll briefly see them in between interviews. I feel bad because I don’t know how much time I’ll have to hang out with them. It’s just such a busy time right now.

I’m not really excited about graduating without having a job offer. I’m still hoping that one of those two interviews will result in a job offer that same week – I know that’s asking a lot, but a girl can dream, right? I know it’s not all about having a job offer when you graduate, but it’d just make me feel so much better and let me enjoy my graduation ceremony a lot more.

Oh, my OPT was approved. I just got my Employment Authorization Card on Saturday. Finally good news! I was definitely relieved. But I’m just so anxious about all this job searching right now that I can’t even truly be happy. How pathetic is that?

I’m debating whether or not I should get a hair cut before graduation. You always take ten million pictures at graduation, so I should probably try to look my best. I don’t know if I’ll have time though.

Alright, time for a bubble bath (for some reason, I’ve been freezing all day…probably because it’s freezing outside and raining and just nasty) and then it’s off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home