Thursday, April 27, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 20

Post 20 from Now Hiring?

The Mood: Tired, but not tired enough to do dishes
The Music: Al Green "Love and Happiness"

Meh...just got back from class. Tonight I had History of Higher Education. We've studied higher education since cavemen emerged into sunlight. We've looked at the beginnings of colleges during Roman time, to English institutions like Oxford and Cambridge, to the "German model", and on to the evolvement of U.S. colleges. Tonight, we all gave our final presentations on a subject relating to the historical development of U.S. institutions. Being the sports geek that I am, I focused on college basketball tournaments. Let's just say I bored the class with the intracacies of tournament scheduling and seeding.

However, I'm done with class and finished my final project. Except for a final paper I have to e-mail, for all intensive purposes...

I'm done.

I've been in college 7 years straight, then another 12 years through our wonderful public education system here. And, after tonight...I'm done with school (for now). It feels kind of weird, not like after undergrad studies and I knew I was going to grad school. I'm going into this unknown territory called life, and it's a little scary and exciting at the same time. I don't know how to feel...maybe it's fatigue from all the studying I've done the past 19 years.

In closing, let's just say it's been a helluva ride getting a good education. It's had its ups and downs, but next week I'll be getting a Master's degree. It's crazy if you think about it...I'm recieving an advanced degree. I don't think it's hit me head on, but it probably will next week when I'm on that stage and I hear my name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home