Saturday, February 18, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 9

Post 9 from Now Hiring?

How the body feels: Time for a siesta
What's the body's feeling: Kirk Franklin "Looking for You"

Okay people, it's me again. The past few days have been trying for a couple of minor reasons:
1. It's really really f-ing cold out here! I know it's too cold when the heater in my car blows air that's colder than the wind outside. That's cold I've never felt before. 3 weeks until spring break, I keep telling myself...
2. I took my girlfriend to see "Date Movie". Now, I'm a fan of dumb movies, but this was one I grimaced at while watching (not because of the content...well, yeah, it was the content...because it was stupid and unfunny).

On the job front, it was slow going this week. I got an invite to do a campus interview, but the only times I can go are when I'm in conferences. I also scheduled another interview at ACPA. I also sent my stuff into a school that was advertising a position that was rather intriguing. All in all, a slow week indeed.

(Okay, you're probably thinking that's not a slow week...that's pretty good or something to that effect. Remember, it's all about eating, sleeping, and breathing, hence my efforts.)

So, about the job search, there's one thing I don't like to do...announce the goings-on in class. In my seminar course, we have the opportunity to tell everyone how it's going. And, I can tell there's hesitation on the class' part to speak up. I know I definitely don't want to talk, because I don't want to seem like I'm gloating...especially towards the people who haven't started their search yet. See, the job search is really important to me, so that's why I've been looking so hard to find the right position. And (probably because I'm crazy), there are probably some people that just don't care how many interviews I have at ACPA, or if I found the "perfect fit". I share my experiences with those that are close to me and, of course, you. (Why not my classmates but the rest of the world?...because this is supposedly anonymous...and the folks at studentaffairs.com probably wouldn't like secrecy as much, this being a blog about job searching and all).

But, I not too concerned about my classmates and their feelings towards my search. In fact, I've found positions and forwarded the info to them, because I know it may be what they're looking for. In retrospect, I'm trying to keep the friendly student affairs touchy-feely perspective in the front of my mind.

OK, this damn capstone paper is really calling me (despite Bracket Busters is on ESPN). Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home