Thursday, February 02, 2006

Candidate #0000 - Post 5

93 days until graduation.

Low point of my day:
I only slept for about two hours last night, so I am exhausted right now.

High point of my day:

Getting really great feedback on my cover letter and resume from a professor. I am about ready to seriously start applying for jobs.



Our Residential Life department is putting on a Mock Placement for all the graduate students in our Higher Education and Student Affairs program on Friday. In the morning, we will have sessions addressing various topics related to job searching. In the afternoon, we will be doing mock interviews with professionals from other institution in a setting very similar to a national placement.

I’m sure it will be a great event and very useful to all of us in our preparation for the conferences. I am so grateful to the people who organized this event; I truly am. I am still freaking out about it though. I almost feel worse about these mock interviews than if it was the real conference. I will be interviewing with people who know me, who know exactly what I have done. These are people that I look up to and respect. I don’t want to look like a fool in front of them. I don’t want to disappoint them.
Everyone here has been so supportive and helpful throughout this job-hunting hell. And everyone has such high expectations of us, the graduates of our newly revamped master’s program. I can’t fail them. I have to be amazing.

Well, I can barely keep my eyes open, so this will be short post. Wish me luck for Friday and I will definitely let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is harder to interview, present, etc to people who know you than strangers. At least, I have an easier time with strangers than people I know. That familiarity adds some pressure.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home