Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 10

Post 10 from Now Hiring?

The body's feeling: meh
The mind is groovin' to: Leela James "My Joy"

Well, this week is going to be very busy. My students' conference is this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and I'm pretty excited. They have worked very hard and are going to have a wonderful time. But, as an advisor, I have a lot to worry about. Did we order enough food? Is there enough security? Is the transportation we secured reliable? Will everyone enjoy their experience? I have those thoughts, but now I'm focused on picking up a keynote speaker and "hosting" him during the conference (it sounds like he's gonna crash on my couch, but he's shackin' in a swank hotel in town), so I have to go to "host training". It shouldn't be too hard...pick him up from airport, take him to hotel, take him to speak, take him to airport..or maybe it's a little more than that. We'll see tomorrow.

On the job front...good news! A school wants to conduct a on-campus interview. The only problem was they were in the Eastern part of the USA, and I'm not. So, they say "we'll fly you out". I figured I would have to run up my credit to visit, but it sounds like they're interested. I had a phone interview with them last week (the one I thought I absolutely ruined my semi-good name), but I guess I didn't. I'll be going out there before Spring Break, so I'm going to rack up my frequent flyer miles (maybe I can upgrade from "cattle car" to "I finally have my own seat!...next to a crying baby and a guy that smells like a combination of sausage and menthols").

Well, I hate to cut this short, but the capstone paper is calling my name again. I'll update you with happenings at the conference, as well as anything else that's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home