Friday, May 19, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 24

Post 24 from Now Hiring?

On TV: VH1 Soul
Mood: Hot as hell

Well, greetings from hot, steamy central Florida, home of yellow grits, 13 feet long gators and conk peas! I've been down here for the past couple of days visiting family. Plus, my younger cousin is graduating high school today (If you wanna guess where she went to high school, one girl from "My Super Sweet Sixteen" is from this city and went to her high school). For the most part, everyone is pretty reserved. At first, I thought I spoiled the graduation festivities by everyone coming to all my ceremonies, but then the weather man said it will be around 95 degrees today, and the ceremony is at 7 p.m. tonight...outdoors.

For most of the day I was hanging out with family, chatting and joking around with members I haven't seen in a long time. I saw my auntie and uncle that own a watermelon and cucumber farm, and gave me a watermelon for a graduation gift (one I will enjoy tonight after dinner). Seeing all the family today made me feel good about all my accomplishments and seeing that all their hard work (i.e. fussing, cursing, lecturing) has come to some good results. They were all really happy that I got work ("any time a man's got work is a good thang" my uncle said), and it made me really proud that I can carry the family name and represent them well.

Well, the food's just about done, and there's a banana popsicle with my name on it. Catch ya'll next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home