Monday, May 29, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 26

Post 26 from Now Hiring?

On the tube: "Honey We're Killing the Kids!"

Let me tell you that I am extremely tired from this weekend's journeys. I've been out on business and experienced some pleasure from my travels. But, I'm hungry and got some Dunkin' Donuts coffee waiting for me, so I'll make this quick (and possibly very student affairs related). Plus, I've got to get on the road again to visit my baby niece.

SATURDAY (in the park...I think it was the 4th of July!): I went to my new city to apartment hunt. I found a couple of places that looked pretty nice (in my thinking, if it doesn't have roaches, then it's fine). The first place I looked at was relatively nice, and had a nice view of a large park adjacent to the complex. I went to the second place, and it was fantastic. It had a large bay window in the living room, a nice sized dining room, and an underground parking lot with free! car wash bay. But, I had to put a lot of money down to get it, and I'm not sure if it's the joint I want to lay my head down in. And, it's only a 10 minute commute from work. I went to a third place...and that was an adventure. It featured two guys trying to get a referral prize of $250 for a friend (that didn't live in the apartment complex), an angry woman wanting to get a guy out of the pool because he was splashing everyone, 5 questions about fishing permits, and the cops. Yeah, I don't know if I'll live there.

SUNDAY: I started some planning and saving money for the 2007 Joint Meeting in Orlando (I've got family close there, so I'm super excited). Then my girlfriend and I went to visit my grandmother who returned from the hospital. She had some surgery to correct some problems and had a bunch of tests ran on her, but she's feeling much better. Being the great grandson I am, I even made her dinner and did some laundry (you may commence the "awwws" and "that's so sweet" now). It was good to see her and do a good deed.

Well, the coffee's made and my niece is probably wondering where her uncle is. I'll catch you later. Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home