Thursday, May 25, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 25

Post 25 from Now Hiring?

The Tunes: Curtis Mayfield "Move On Up"

Well, this man is back from his "vacation" home. I went back to work a couple of days ago, and it's been hard to get back into the groove of doing...work. I'll admit, there have been times where my concentration has lapsed and I've lacked motivation. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to spend my first week after graduation laying on the couch watching Jerry Springer all day. But, tomorrow is my last official day at work. I've been employed at that office for many years, and I've seen a lot of good times and been through some rough periods. But, come tomorrow, there will be some sadness to leave a place I've been for a long time, and finally leave people with whom I've made some great relationships with.

On that note, I've got some good news. Two of my friends got jobs! They had been looking but found the positions they had really wanted. It's kind of surreal that everyone I know is moving to opposite parts of the country and doing some pretty cool things after seeing everybody every day for 2 straight years. At the time, I didn't appreciate seeing all my cohort members together, but now the student affairs-sentimental apprecation for those times is starting to get to me. Ugh, before I was a steely engineer that didn't cry nor show emotion, and now I'm getting sentimental.

Well, I'm off to my new place of livin' to do some apartment shopping. I'll let you know how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home