Saturday, March 18, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 15

Post 15 from Now Hiring?

My Feelings: Pretty damn tired
On TV: "Walkout" on HBO

Well, today was my first day at ACPA and at Placement. It was a long day for me; I had 5 scheduled interviews today, and for the most part they went pretty well. I didn't realize how tiring the process could be, but I'm glad to get the first day out of the way without major trouble.

Yesterday, however, I was a nervous wreck. I went to the first Placement orientation session, and there were a lot of people there. My main concern was "Are there going to be enough jobs for everyone?" It was the only time that I was worried about the competition. At that exact moment when I walked into the room, I was fearful that I would not get an offer. My greatest fear was that I was going to have a lot of interviews but recieve no offers. Also, during the tour of the Placement area, I was completely lost on how to check my messages, set up interviews, or how to ask questions. When I got back to my hotel, I was a mess; I didn't want to even take part of Placement.

That night, I was reviewing my notes and doing some last minute research. When I finished, I said my prayers and just asked only that I could survive the entire process. When I walked into Placement this morning, I felt at ease with the entire situation. I sat down and told myself "just do your best, the rest will fall into place." Tonight, as I sit down and reflect (ugh, that dreaded word) about today, I'm proud that I was able to handle myself professionally and do the best I could. I also saw and met some fellow anxious Placement participants, and I realized that I wasn't alone in this journey.

Well, I'm trying to get ready for tomorrow. If you're in Placement, best of luck to you. In the end, we'll all do just fine. If you're at ACPA, enjoy yourself and, as the Placement folks have been telling me, just smile!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too funny. I am going through placement @ ACPA as well and it is like everything that you wrote, I experienced.

Displaced @ ACPA

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home