Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Now Hiring?-Post 14

Post 14 from Now Hiring?

My Mood: Pretty relaxed
My Music: Next Level "Player's Paradise"

My usual posting this week has been circumvented by an event that I had been planning for some time: My spring break "getaway" to Las Vegas. I'd been saving up for it, and my girlfriend and I had been anxiously awaiting the day we'd drive to the airport, fly to Vegas, and just chill. Let's just say that Vegas is a wonderful time with a lot of sites, and the buffets were pretty good, though I've had enough scrambled eggs to last me a year. I also dropped a couple of dollars in the slots, and only won $3. My girlfriend, however, won $40 (as if I'll see any of it). If you haven't gone...make plans to do so. If you've got the "Dean of Students" or "University Professor" gig, I suggest the Bellagio or Wynn (their Ferrari collection was wonderful...some were on sale for only $131,000!). If you're like me, Bally's or the Flamingo will provide plenty of entertainment and comfort for nominal costs.

Well, tomorrow I'm driving to ACPA, and to tell you the truth, I'm pretty excited. I'm anxious to get there, stay downtown, and relax. I'm not too nervous about Placement yet...I just hope I have all my interviews written down and I don't start blubbering like a fool when they ask me questions. I think that the on-campus interviews I've had has helped me with what to expect. I'm more nervous about bringing my resumes and business cards...

That's the thing about me; I can bring all the small items I might not need, but I'll completely forget the important item that I really need. It's like this...I can bring my power cord, memory stick, and mouse, and completely forget...THE COMPUTER! Or, I'll bring my suit, socks, shirt, and tie, and forget my dress shoes. So, I'm going to spend most of the evening making sure I have everything. I don't want to get to the interview site and realize I'm missing my dress shoes (I have a short memory like that...dunno why I'm like this)

Here's my gameplan: I'll post before and after Placement to give you a head's up on how I'm feeling. I hope you're looking forward to reading my experiences, as I'm excited to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home