Sunday, March 19, 2006

Candidate #0000 - Post 16

ACPA Day 2

It's Sunday, March 19th, 4:01 p.m. I have 29 minutes before my next and fortunately last interview of the day. My throat is definitely starting to hurt from talking too much. I'm starting to get a bit tired and it's harder to convey my energy and enthusiasm in the interview. But overall, these past two days, while crazy busy, haven't been all that bad.

I have to say, I absolutely love my friends, colleagues and supervisors. Everyone has been so supportive...leaving me notes in my mailbox, giving me little present, encouraging me and most of all believing me in. Their support has meant so much to me and has really made this experience a very positive one.

The interviews have also been going pretty well. I have had a couple of invitations for second interviews and now my Monday is just as busy as my Saturday and Sunday have been. But hey, I'm starting to get in a routine and even waking up early in the morning hasn't been as painful as I thought. I can do it, right?

Leaving at least half an hour between interviews has definitely been helpful. At least, you get around to taking a quick break, writing some thank you cards and refreshing your knowledge on the institution that you're about to interview with.

Okay, it's 4:06. Time to get back into the Placement Center, write two Thank You notes from an interview I had this afternoon, then read up on the next institution I'm interviewing with...a quick stop by my mailbox (which has become a bit of an obsession for me) and then I'm off to my next and LAST interview for the day. And then, the Opening Speaker and all that fun stuff! It'll be good. I'm excited about getting out of placement and actually getting a chance to see a bit of the conference.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know it's a little late to be wishing you "good luck" with the interviews, but i will anyhow!

I'm not sure who you are, but if you see me around, say Hi... My name's Brian Root. I go to IUP (Indiana Univ. of PA) -- #3386!

My interview schedule has been crazy, but tomorrow I'm hoping to go to some workshops finally!

Again, good luck!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home